A little bit of history... 

The Big Hat Club is an honor group within the AMBUCS association. It was started by Past National President Charles E. Mitchell during his term at the June 18, 1939, executive board meeting. The idea was to present a shirt to each AMBUC able to recruit at least three new members in a 12-month period. The concept was to create incentive to bringing in new AMBUC members. The individual who brought in the most new members would receive the "Rabbit Trophy"! Fortunately, at the July 2 meeting it was decided to award a ten-gallon hat instead and recipients would form a Big Hat Club.

These special, fun-loving members are the backbone of AMBUCS and provide leadership in recruiting new members and supporting the AMBUCS mission.